Instructed by PGA Teaching Professional
- Age 9 – 15 co-ed group camp.
- INSTRUCTOR: PGA Teaching Professional Carlos R. Rodriguez
- WHERE: Heroes Golf Course, nestled in the far east corner of the WLA Veterans Administration (VA) facility and hospital in West Los Angeles.
- SEASONAL CAMP: Learn to golf or improve your game during your spring, summer, fall and/or winter school break.
- GOLF DAYS: Held on official school day holidays (Presidents Day, Memorial Day etc.). Schedule same as seasonal camp.
- Learn while playing the course!
- All aspects of the game will be covered including: grip, swing, stance, balance, teeing off, fairway play, pitching/chipping, putting out, club selection, fairway play, rules and golf etiquette.
- Students have gone on to win city golf tournaments and join school golf teams.
- Monday – Friday (may attend on a daily basis)
- EQUIPMENT: All equipment provided, including clubs if needed. If clubs needed, request right or left handed.
Campers have gone on to win city golf tournaments and
join school golf teams
What to Expect at Golf Camp
Instruction includes all aspects of the game including grip, swing, stance, balance, teeing off, pitching/chipping, putting out, club selection, fairway play, course management, rules and golf etiquette.
Morning and afternoon sessions will start with outside ‘classroom’ instruction which will detail certain aspects of the game, rules and golf etiquette.
Then onto the practice area to go over grip, swing, stance, balance, pitching/chipping and putting.
Next, onto the course to learn teeing off, fairway play, course management and club selection.
Fun golf activities and team building golf competition. At the end of each camp season there will be a tournament for camp attendees.
- Lunch – bring a bag lunch, snack and bottle of water
- Pocket money – bring if you want a treat from the starters office (chips, ice cream, candy, drinks, etc.)
- Wear athletic shoes and hat. No jeans.
- Camp payment may be made via: cash, check, Venmo, Zelle, Cash App or credit card.
- Parents will be required to sign a liability waiver before the start of lessons: “I do hereby release L.A. Golf Academy, Heroes Golf Course and the Veterans Administration and any employees or Independent contractors affiliated with these entities from any liability or responsibility for any accident or injury that my above identified child may incur.”